Monday, August 20, 2007

Cancer



So much cancer and sickness. It seems like everywhere I turn someone else has been diagnosed.....Breast, prostate, colon, liver, hodgkins, leukemia.....adults, kids, moms, dads, sons and daughters.

This was not what God intended for this world and his children. Sin was chosen...a broken and fallen world is what we live in. I'm not refering to individual sin, but collective sin as a human race. Just look at the list from a few posts ago. How much our society has changed. How far from God we have drifted.

A group of women from my church are running/walking in the "Race for the Cure" in honor of our friend Rosemary. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer. We pray for healing, knowing that God has the power to heal.

I will be out of town, so I cannot actually participate in the "Race", but I've donated to the "Race for the Cure" as a "sleep in" participant. If you would like to join our team, Rosemary's Racers, or start your own, go to the link listed below.

http://race.komenoregon.org/site/TR/Events/General?team_id=24932&pg=team&fr_id=1040&fl=en_US&s_tafId=9004

In the meantime....please pray for:
Rosemary
Scott
Gabe's dad
Tammy
Malachi
Kenny
Tamara's Mom
And the many others that you probably know who have cancer, or any other life threatening illness.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying. Thanks for the reminder though that this world is temporary and we will someday go to a place free from illness, pain, and suffering. Praise the Lord for that! I love the logo. Maybe we should have shirts made? Can you send it to me and I can figure out where to do that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!