Thursday, August 28, 2008
The Family Room....which is desperately seeking more furniture!
My daughters room.....
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
My hubby asked me the other night if I felt a weight had been lifted...I said NO!
Hello...do you SEE all these boxes! So much to unpack and so many things to do! No desk for me right now...I'm working off a sofa table. Couches, but no coffee tables or end tables. Trips to ikea only to come home and discover the DAMAGED items!! GRRRR!
When you go from a tuscan inspired color themed home to a tranquil serene ocean inspired color themed home....well lets just say there are a lot of decorative items that are getting put into the garage sale bin. And I have WAY more actual large wall space in this home. I usually move in and start hanging things on the wall the first day. Not the case here!
Ok, Ok, I know ya'll want pictures!! I will try to get some sort of organization assembled and take a few pics later today!
Friday, August 22, 2008
My pantry shelves are stocked with food. SOME of my laundry room cupboards are filled with cleaning supplies, first aid stuff, medicine, etc. All of my son's clothes are in his room waiting to be hung, but those darn hangers are in a box SOMEWHERE!
So, again....a shout out to my locals....we are starting on Saturday at 9:00 am and we will be at it all day long! We will not be turning away any help that shows up!!!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Our goal: Cleaning on Thursday/Friday and move in on Saturday.
Our nemesis: We'll just call them Subcontractor #1 and Subcontractor #2
Sub #1 says he'll be done by the end of the day wednesday. C'mon ya'll and pray with me on this one!!!
Sub #2 will be here tomorrow, but he won't like all the blue tape we have all over the walls!
To all my locals out there....what are you doing on Saturday?
by the way....I will return to my normal weekly blog format in 2 weeks.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
The house is coming along though. I will try to take some pictures and post them this coming week.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
last week of house construction
experiencing melt down
drove by my old house today.....all I wanted to do was go inside and be HOME! ...but it's not my home anymore.
when will the new one be home? It seems never ending. The end was suppose to be Friday....not gonna happen.
I want to sit down and escape with the olympics...but my DARN satellite keeps saying "weak signal" and the screen if just blank.
I wish I was on a beach in Mexico!
***according to sitemeter 29 people have read this so far, but don't care!......yup! it's that kind of day! apparently I'm having a pity party!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
You can show your EightCrazy Design Love if you want (you don't have to have an ECD blog design to display the I Love ECD button)
Just copy & paste the following code into your blog or website (be sure to scroll all the way down to get the whole code.):
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Xander, born at St. Luke’s Hospital in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is the eighth grandchild for his mother’s parents. And he’s not the only one in his family with an unusual birthday: His 2-year-old brother, Kael, was born on 4/5/06.
Lindsey Hauer thought staff at Lake Region Hospital in Minnesota were joking when they told her the time of her daughter’s birth. And then she got a call from the birthing suite noting Hailey’s weight.Nurse Jenny Harstad joked that she tried to shrink the baby to 18 inches from her actual 19.5 inches.
Several hospital staff members in Minnesota pledged to buy lottery tickets. And Chad Riniker, Xander’s father, said that eight hadn’t been his lucky number before, but that now he was thinking about buying a lottery ticket.“I just might,” he said. “If nothing else, with four children I should probably play the lottery.”
Friday, August 8, 2008
Ok, I'm going to give you a glimpse at how the EIGHTCRAZINESS plays out in my mind
#1 I'm a San Francisco 49er Fan:
4 + 9 = 13........... 1 + 3 = 4 ........ 4 + 4 = 8
#2 Joe Montana was #16
8 + 8 = 16
#3 Steve Young was number 8
#4 If you add up all the numbers in my birthdate it equals 31
31.......3 + 1 = 4 ......I'm the 2nd born...... 4 x 2 = 8
#5 The olympics this year start today.... 8 - 8 - 08
#6 My hubby and I were married in 1998
#7 All the numbers in my sons birthdate add up to 19
9 - 1 = 8
#8 BECAUSE ITS MY FAVORITE NUMBER AND MY NICKNAME
AND THE GIVEAWAY WINNER IS 122LOVESME
WHY: She is the ONLY person who participated in ALL the previous EightCraziness Posts!!
What does she win: A free BRAND NAME blog design
email me at email@example.com to claim your prize
So this is a bit anti-climactic!!!!
I hope to post by the end of the day with my final EIGHTCRAZINESS post....and the giveaway winner!!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Today it's my EIGHT ALL TIME favorite TV shows. Don't forget to join in on the EightCraziness and post about your 8 all time favs on your blog!
#1 The Wonder Years (this is my absolute favorite)
#2 Family Ties
#3 The Cosby Show
***My favorite Current show is Prison Break
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Join me and post about 8 things you love....with or without pictures!
These are in NO particular order......
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Share in my EightCraziness this week and post about what I'm posting about! Today, please post about 8 people who have impacted your life in some way!
1. Jesus....He has forever changed my life and given me hope, joy, grace, forgiveness, restoration, and the gift of eternal life!
2. My parents.....I am lucky to be able to say that I have two parents who love me and that have always been there for me. They are still married to each other and they have passed down a legacy of marriage and faith that I cherish!
3. My sister....oh we fought like all sisters do when we were little about everything! However the older we've gotten..the closer we've gotten! She is truly one of my best friends!
4. My husband.....I am privileged to be truly loved by this man! Together we have experienced the love and restoration of the hope that God provides! We are opposites in most ways and so we grow and stretch each other CONSTANTLY!
5. My children.....I think that being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done! It makes me look at who I really am everyday...and pushes me to NEED to do BETTER! They are filled with love and joy and FORGIVENESS! I am truly blessed to have those two precious little hearts in my life!
6. My Pastor.....Dave....My very first youth pastor was a huge influence in my life. I've known him since I was little and he taught me a ton about life! He has been there for many the truly impacting moments in my life. He married me, and dedicated both of my children. He is someone I have a ton of respect for!
7. My teenage mentor/small group leader.....Meleea....I think every teenager needs people in their lives to come along side them because lets face it..we usually don't talk to our parents a ton during those years. I was lucky enough to have a church small group leader who loved and cared about me and started me down the path of truly understanding what a relationship with Jesus should look like. As well as the fact that she was a person that I was accountable to. Today this person and I have long transcended the mentor/mentee relationship and we are friends!
8. An amazing woman....Pam....I honestly didn't even know Pam very well on a truly personal basis. She was a friend of the family and a woman in our church who was know for her love, kindness, thoughtfulness, and hospitality. I had great respect for her! Pam died about 12 years ago after losing her battle with ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease) Many people will tell you that not only was she an example in how to live, but she was an example in how to die. She held tightly to the sovereignty of God right to the very end and praised Him with joy! 1500 people went to her memorial service and what she left to share with us all that day changed the eternal lives of several people. I think what really drew me to Pam was her thoughtfulness. She was the kind of lady who would just drop you a card in the mail just to say something encouraging. I long to be more like her in that way! Today I have the privilege of being good friends with her son and his wife and every time I look into their daughters face I think of Pam!
Monday, August 4, 2008
It's weird because my heart wasn't pounding. You'd think it would be. I must have been on my way towards shock rather than adrenaline had the worst happened. I was totally expecting to see my son go flying up in the air over that car...I think relief instantly set in when that didn't happen. The first thing I did was yell "what are you doing" to the lady in the car. She was visibly shaken as well and I instantly backed off. I think all of us are probably guilty of coming up in the right hand turn lane on an intersection with 3 lanes to the left of us at a pretty quick speed ready to make the turn...even if the light is red.
I'm just praising God for His protection and provision over the safety of my son in that moment!
So other than some frazzled nerves we are all ok, and in the end a trip into Walgreens, where we had parked, for some ice cream had put a smile on both of their faces!
Again...I'm just praising Jesus right now!!
oh, here's the kicker....I hadn't really lost the keys, they had just slid down on the wire I attached them to and I couldn't see them....what a dork!
So in honor of counting down to all those lovely EIGHTS I will be including the number EIGHT in some way with each post this week....and then on Friday there will be a giveaway!!
I'd like to invite ya'll to join me on my countdown! Just post about what I'm posting about each day!!!
Today I'm going to look back into my comment archive and share some EIGHTS from my blog history!!!
My EIGHTH comment that I received back when I first started blogging was from Beckie at Infarrantly Creative and she said:
Oh my that studio (another creative blog) gives me creative envy. THAT IS AMAZING! I want one.
Here comment was in regards to a post all about Craft Studio Evny!
Then there is my EIGHTH post...which is super boring...but here it is:
Today on CNN at 7pm ET and 4pm PT they are airing the YouTube presidential debates. People from all over the country submitted video questions, and they will show the videos and then the candidates will answer the questions. I'm not much for watching debates, but this one sounds interesting!So, now it's your turn....go to your blog and post the EIGHTH comment you ever received and your EIGHTH post! It's fun to look back! Leave me a comment to let me know you are participating in my countdown!!
Tomorrow I will be sharing about EIGHT people who have impacted my life!! (so start thinking about your post!)