Don't forget that there will be a giveaway on Friday!
Share in my EightCraziness this week and post about what I'm posting about! Today, please post about 8 people who have impacted your life in some way!
1. Jesus....He has forever changed my life and given me hope, joy, grace, forgiveness, restoration, and the gift of eternal life!
2. My parents.....I am lucky to be able to say that I have two parents who love me and that have always been there for me. They are still married to each other and they have passed down a legacy of marriage and faith that I cherish!
3. My sister....oh we fought like all sisters do when we were little about everything! However the older we've gotten..the closer we've gotten! She is truly one of my best friends!
4. My husband.....I am privileged to be truly loved by this man! Together we have experienced the love and restoration of the hope that God provides! We are opposites in most ways and so we grow and stretch each other CONSTANTLY!
5. My children.....I think that being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done! It makes me look at who I really am everyday...and pushes me to NEED to do BETTER! They are filled with love and joy and FORGIVENESS! I am truly blessed to have those two precious little hearts in my life!
6. My Pastor.....Dave....My very first youth pastor was a huge influence in my life. I've known him since I was little and he taught me a ton about life! He has been there for many the truly impacting moments in my life. He married me, and dedicated both of my children. He is someone I have a ton of respect for!
7. My teenage mentor/small group leader.....Meleea....I think every teenager needs people in their lives to come along side them because lets face it..we usually don't talk to our parents a ton during those years. I was lucky enough to have a church small group leader who loved and cared about me and started me down the path of truly understanding what a relationship with Jesus should look like. As well as the fact that she was a person that I was accountable to. Today this person and I have long transcended the mentor/mentee relationship and we are friends!
8. An amazing woman....Pam....I honestly didn't even know Pam very well on a truly personal basis. She was a friend of the family and a woman in our church who was know for her love, kindness, thoughtfulness, and hospitality. I had great respect for her! Pam died about 12 years ago after losing her battle with ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease) Many people will tell you that not only was she an example in how to live, but she was an example in how to die. She held tightly to the sovereignty of God right to the very end and praised Him with joy! 1500 people went to her memorial service and what she left to share with us all that day changed the eternal lives of several people. I think what really drew me to Pam was her thoughtfulness. She was the kind of lady who would just drop you a card in the mail just to say something encouraging. I long to be more like her in that way! Today I have the privilege of being good friends with her son and his wife and every time I look into their daughters face I think of Pam!