Tuesday, September 25, 2007

From Sleepless in Seattle to Sniffles and Snot Rags!






So I come home from Seattle and when I wake up the next morning I have a throat that is scratchy and on FIRE! Now this morning I am in full blown cold mode. YUCK! I hate having a cold! Thank God for Claritin D and Nyquil!!! =)

I'll stop complaining now and tell you more about Seattle.

So, Friday night after all the food, beading and mini purses I had another gift that I handed out to everyone. I made a photo slideshow cd that had music and pictures from the 4 previous Girls Getaway Weekends. My computer has this really cool feature called LightScribe technology. It actually can etch images and words onto the face of the cd. Did I say it's really cool!!! But I didn't just want to give them the cd's in that boring old white cd sleeve. So I made my own! I used the same paper line that I used when making the tin cans and purses. Again I created a template, cut them out and assembled them.

I added a brad embellishment that actually looks like a covered botton to the front as well as a chipboard initial of each person.

I used velcro dots to secure the flap. I purchased them at JoAnns in the fabric section. They already had the adhesive on them so it worked perfectly!

This is the result of the LightScribe. You have to buy special LightScribe cds or dvds in order to do this and your computer has to have the technology. You can simply replace your current cd drive in your computer with a lightscribe one.

The songs I used to go along with the slideshow were "Love will keep us together" "Girls just wanna have fun" "We are Family" and "How sweet it is to be loved by you" The slideshow was almost 9 minutes long. It's a great keepsake and I can add to it every couple of years!

So here is a little side note about something that happens while I'm at Girls Getaway every year (well for the last three). My hubby sends me flowers while I'm there. Here are the flowers he sent me this year!


Isn't he sweet! All the other gals give me a total "whatever" attitude and it's really funny. This is them when I got the flowers last year.


Well there is still one more day to share about and one more gift to show you as well. But I will do that tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your little purses and cd cases are so cute! I actually sell the pendants I used in the tutorial. There is a link on the left side of my blog to my products.

    The girls weekend looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief girlfriend! You are sooo creative! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I had that same flaming throat last week. Hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got that crummy cold too. So do my kids...yuck! Your girls weekend looks so fun! I wish I had some girls to do that with in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pics of 'girls' weekend! pretty flowers too! feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it home safely and had a good time...sickness has been in our house too this past week...Brandon was the worst but Sam and Paul have a dose of it too right now...Paul missed work today which NEVER happens, as you may remember...so, he must be feeling cruddy...anyhow, hope you feel better soon! Great pics of your weekend...Good job Todd on the flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!