Tuesday, September 2, 2008

ok...I confess.....

I watched it! 90210...the new 90210 on the CW
Did you? I couldn't resist. I watched the original growing up and to be honest I was a little giddy about this new one. It was weird to see "kelly and brenda" on screen together again. oh and Nat at the updated peach pit.
And when they played the updated version of the intro song how could you not picture "brandon" pretending to punch steve in the jaw on that little part of the song. (yes, I'm officially a total dork now!)

The old characters are not the main characters...the high school kids are....but a few of the original characters are in it....So Kelly is the guidance counselor at her old HS and Brenda is back for a short visit to help with the school musical. Nat still runs the peach pit/coffee house. Kelly's little "baby" sister Eryn is now in HS and one of the main characters. Oh and Andrea Zuckermann's daughter was in it too. Not a main character, but she was there. CRAZY! By the way...yes I know all these people aren't REAL! But it's still kind of fun to find out what has happened to the characters in the last 15 years. (in pretend land) They are only giving us little tid bits right now. I suspect it will stay that way. The question is will I keep watching? It's a bit racier than the previous show. My post is not condoning the show....just an admittance to watching it tonight!
so....did ya? did ya watch?

10 comments:

  1. I forgot it was on, so I didn't. I am so use to there being nothing on tv, that I keep watching re-runs of Fresh Prince or John & Kate Plus 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no intention of watching, but now you have peaked my curiosity. Maybe I will sneak a show in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch but everyone on Twitter was buzzing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm yes you are a dork but I KNEW YOU WOULD WATCH IT, you are too loyal and sentimental to let it go by unwatched by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had the 'mean' parents and I wasn't allowed to watch it. I somehow watched some of it later...maybe they let me when I was older? So I was never completely hooked...probably won't watch this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not alone, shannon! I watched about half. I was super tired, and for once in my life, I decided...what's better for me? Another half hour of this show won't change my life...but sleep? Yes, sleep will be good.

    My folks weren't crazy about it either, but watched some anyhow. You're right...it was a little racier than the original. Kids these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coooooolll! I can just hear the theme music! This is the one crappy downside to lioving in France. I don't have this show. But they do play the original dubbed in French!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watched it!! Reveled happily in the angst.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I forgot it was on! I'll have to catch up on it...reminds me of my hs and college days...I'd schedule my studying around watching that show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang I missed it. Next week. Next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!