Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Help, I'm being held captive by my house!

Don't call 911 or anything like that....I just can't ever leave because it seems that there are still contractors who are needing to come to my house to fix what could've been done right in the first place....she said sweetly!

The phone company had better get it right this time. I can't even carry on a conversation because the static in the line is so loud it hurts my ears and I can't hear the other person talking!!

I'm so tired of not being able to go anywhere because I have to be HERE! I'm not a homebody. I like to GO! And I don't like feeling like people are watching me either so I spent most of the day in my office yesterday because I had a sub-contractor here all day...and the same thing will be happening again today! Oh joy!

Oh, and I can't breath because I have a cold...and I can't sleep because I'm trying to sleep sitting up so I don't get so congested. I thought my head was going to explode yesterday! And while we are at it...why not throw in a little visit from Aunt Flow and what little gifts does AF bring whenever she visits....ZITS!

But on a brighter note....I found a good deal on Craigslist today! I love a bargain!

12 comments:

  1. Hoping it ALL gets better and leaves your house SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing...really...sounds like you are down in the dumps...imagine living in a foreign country that is full of garbage and disease and then maybe you'll feel safe and cozy in your new home instead of trapped. Things will get better for you once all these people are out of your house and you get into a routine around there. I could send you a few goats to spice up your life if you want? :) Hang in there...things aren't as bad as they seem....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guess what? The good news is that you won't be on your period for Girls Get Away. I am on day 2 myself. Yeah! No Aunt Flow coming with us to Nantucket. Although, the zits might still be there. Mine are a bit bad this time too. And don't forget the lovely cold sore trying to compete! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you had one bright spot...ok trying to be cheery. What did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have contractors at my house too...and on a daily basis...they go by a code name..."my children"

    no really...my children are pounding and building and making a ruckus lately!(lol)

    It sounds like there is an end in site...that is good news right :o)



    ~simply~

    ReplyDelete
  6. when I have contractors, I ignore them... you can work in your yard or read or... well, hopefully it will be over soon!

    We have a carpet guy coming tomorrow, so I know what you mean. He's bumping up against two soccer games, so he'd better leave on time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gotta say that I love your honesty and authenticity - zits, Aunt Flo, and a stinking cold - I guess if you have to be home, those are good reasons to not be so outgoing at the moment. I vote for a Summit View girls night out at your new place when you are done with the contractors so we can all break it in for you and steal some decorating tips! You have such amazing talent... I'm still trying to soak in the fact that you were owners of 3 Quizons - that is nuts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunt Flow, zits, a cold and isolation are not a good combo! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your kind words! I was needing a little sympathy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and I found a couch...for $160. Gotta take the cushion covers to the dry cleaners first though....just to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're freed from captivity soon. There's nothing worse than needing/wanting to go somewhere and somekind of "life" moment getting in your way!

    Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least your prison is very lovely. And you must be getting a lot of work done. I see you had time to fiddle with your blog design. . . is it a slow transition or were your just trying a few new pieces? I like the green. I can't remember what it used to be--White? I should really start shopping on craisglist. Can't wait to see it later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!