Tuesday, October 16, 2007

85 years young!

Yesterday was my grandma's 85th birthday. We call my grandma "Nanny".
The day before Nanny's birthday her youngest daughter Patty flew in from Georgia to surprise her and she was very surprised! Then at her birthday dinner her oldest son, Barry, flew in from California to surprise her! It was fun to see all the family and to celebrate this special occasion.
I surprised my Nanny with something of my own.......a very special birthday cake that I made just for her!





I went over the top with a 3 layer tall cake instead of my normal 2 layer. But this beautiful tall cake stand was just calling for a tall cake.

Nanny was surprised and she loved it and ate it up!


Happy 85th Birthday Nanny! We all love you so much!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that cake is so beautiful! Happy Birthday Nanny, and a prayer for many more years with your family that adores and loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful cake!! I want to see the insides of one of your cakes!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! Tell Steve for my next birthday to buy a cake from you. Maybe wait 3 years and that number on the top can be 35 and I want three layers too! It's beautiful and I'm sure Nanny is so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice cake of course...but that color looks awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I'm gonna get this started again...nice cake...Kim probably would have liked a beautiful cake too :-) What a pot stirrer I am lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!