Monday, June 8, 2009

A little perspective!

There is this post...the one that's been at the top of my blog for about 2 months now! The one about Luke. Well, I just couldn't resist sharing a part of his mom's most recent post from the Caring Bridge site.

"Today has been a bit harder for Luke. He is definitely feeling sick and tired, although his attitude still continues to amaze me. (If you're on Facebook you already saw this, but I have to say it again!! ) Today while he had his head over a puke bucket he looked up at me and said "Besides all this barfing and pooping, it still is a good day." Then he said, pointing to his head, "I still am happy in here and nothing can take that away." WOW! This kid amazes me!! I am so proud of him."

Not only does he amaze his mom...he amazes me as well. In fact...he humbles me.

To read the full post and stay updated on Luke's battle with cancer you can ALWAYS check out their family journal on the caring bridge website.

Keep praying! Luke just finished up radiation. He's on an intense round of chemo right now and bone marrow transplant is this week. PRAY PRAY PRAY!

3 comments:

  1. He is an amazing kid! I follow them on their Caring bridge site now and Luke always puts me in my place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke is a reminder to me that the 'small' trials I have are nothing more than a nuisance. I am praying for you Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stopped by from Beckie's site, and I have to tell you, this child is absolutely beautiful. The fact that he said those very words, I don't know. I guess I can't describe it, but it's so wise and sage.
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Macey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!