Friday, February 27, 2009

9 years.....SERIOUSLY?

I'm sitting here watching Letterman (it's a re-run from like a couple months ago). Letterman is talking about how it's been 9 years since he had his heart bypass surgery. NINE YEARS! What the heck! Seriously...I would've sworn it was only like 3 or 4 years ago. It's so weird to me to hear stuff like that. It totally makes me wonder where all the time has gone.

9 years ago I had one child and she was only a year old. My son wasn't even a glimmer in my eye and I was living with my hubby and little baby girl in our rusty old single wide mobile home.

9 years ago I had only had an email address for like 2 years and my first email address was for the job I had just before I became a mommy. Personal emails were few and far between and were actually mostly forwards.

9 years ago I read EVERY forward, passed it along, and wondered why on earth other people didn't do the same! (I NEVER read forwards now...and don't pass them along either)

9 years ago I had just gotten my first cell phone and had finally ditched my pager.

9 years ago we were just getting ready to open our first Quizno's. (our first of 3...and now we've sold them all and own NONE!)

9 years ago I was on the computer once in awhile and I was very rarely on the internet. It took so long anyway because we were on dial up!

9 years ago I had absolutely NO idea what a blog was and even now I have no idea if blogs even existed way back then!

What were you doing nine years ago???

(this post would've been way better last year when it had been EIGHT years! LOL)

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm, let's see..........

    nine years ago, I had a newborn baby. He was my first of two. We were house hunting for our first house, which we lived in for four and a half years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 years ago, I was just about to celebrate my first wedding anniversary! In two weeks, we will celebrate our 10th!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single, working, just moved into an awesome basement appartment, had a cell phone, bought my first computer for $1000!, had dial up and would run the phone cord clear across the room to get on the internet, had my perfect little brand new Jetta, (loved that car), and was LONELY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, let me think:
    Retired from event coordinating, liquidated my retail party supply store to be a SAHM, to homeschool our adopted daughter, I did not own a computer, I liked my phone calls. Very involved in church ministry. Very much desired for the Lord to fill my infertile womb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nine years ago. Doesn't that seem like eons ago, yet at the same time just like yesterday? It is like a timewarp or something!

    Nine years ago my daughter was 5 years old and getting ready to start Kindergarten in August. I had finally passed my court reporter certification test and I was pregnant with my son - who was born in September. I was working a lot of hours court reporting back then and we were completely stressed out at work - too many jobs to cover, not enough bodies to do it. A lot has changed in nine years - and I must say all definitely for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9 years ago? Y2K? Runnin' after 2 little rug rats aged 1 and 2. Loving my new house.

    Enjoying the innocence of the pre 9/11 years.

    Life was simpler. But bottom line, it was sweet then and now ")

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was newly engaged and planning my wedding. I worked at the church office...I really can't remember much other than being in wedding mode and apartment hunting for our first apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9 years ago in August, we said good bye to our baby Joshua who went to be with the Lord...My 2nd of 4 pregnancies. God is good and works all for HIs glory so I can say this with a heart of praise! Jett, Sailor and Chase were meant to be here with us on earth and Joshua was meant to be our sweet angel baby in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree--the last nine years have flown!

    Yesterday, nine years ago, we moved here from So. Cal. We left a life of double income (and ridiculous house prices that necessitated that) for the beautiful Northwest...I was pregnant for the first time by the end of March! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nine years ago, I was a junior in high school. My world consisted of cheerleading, my boyfriend and not much more. I feel like I am a completely different person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nine years ago I was a freshman at Pacific Lutheran University, planning on majoring in communications at the time and dating a guy from my dorm. Things have changed a bit since then!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nine years ago I had only been 21 for a week. I will let your mind imagine the rest... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nine year ago Hannah was four month old, I was not in school, not working and bored to death--I was however in the best shape ever. I also started writing my first book in February nine years ago. A lot of good THAT did me! Fun to think of though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nine years ago, I was newly pregnant with our first baby. Teaching 2nd grade. Getting ready to go on my first mission trip. Don't think I had a cell phone yet. And I totally remember when Annaliese announced her pregnancy shortly after moving here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should do a post on how you came from living in a single wide mobile home to being an owner of 4 quiznos. Seriously, I want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's amazing how time flies isn't it? It sounds so weird now to be able to say "Oh, that was about 20 years ago..." Nine years ago, my kids were little ones...I miss those days, they were good times!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!