Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tree #1 - The Family Tree

Every year we have two christmas trees. The family tree and my "pretty tree". I'm a confessed tree snob. My family has to follow me around the tree farm for at least an hour as I search for the tree with the shape and fullness that is just right. We also have a fake tree that we use as our "family tree" It has colored lights, just like my kids like, and we hang all of the ornaments we've collected over the years on it.

So last night we decorated our family tree. It's always fun to look at the ornaments and walk down memory lane.






This weekend we will go on our (ok MY) quest for the "perfect tree".

4 comments:

  1. Here you are with two trees and I haven't put up one in 7 years! Next year because Isaac will know the difference I will put one up. I haven't see my ornaments in 7 years. It will be interesting to see what I have. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beckie! How could you? :-) I LOVE the tree!

    I love having two trees! I just need ornaments for my nice tree :-) It just sits there with lights on. I know Beckie, tell me that is much more sad than no tree at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done the family tree yet but I will be there too with the 2 tree thing. I am a total tree snob to. Glad to know I am not alone out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't put up a tree for the longest time either! But once our boys were big enough to know the difference, we got back into having a tree. I despise the whole process of getting a tree. It does not evoke the Christmas Spirit in me at all. This year my in-laws gave us their hand-me-down fake tree, so it is put together in my living room, just no decorations on it yet. Tomorrow night will be popcorn, hot cocoa and tree decorating while we watch the Polar Express! I can't wait to see your "perfect tree"!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!