Saturday, January 3, 2009

Give Back!

I'm proud to announce that I will be offering (at least) one FREE background each month. The backgrounds are FREE, however I'm also offering the opportunity for my those who use them to donate $1 or $5 when they take a background. This donation will be going to Forward Edge International. In January of 2008 I went on a mission trip with FEI to Nicaragua. While I was there we worked at an orphanage, helped build the Village of Hope, painted a school inside the city dump, and just loved on some really special kids. There is a dump just outside of Managua where over 3,000 live in the WORST of conditions. FEI has built the Village of Hope as a safe haven for young girls who are often forced into prostitution by their families to earn money....at VERY early ages! FEI also helps to fund the school inside the dump so that those kids can get an education.
My local news channel did a great special about the Dump and the Village of Hope. You can view it here.

The donation is not required in order to use the background, but I just thought it was a great opportunity to give back! Please note that your donation initially does go to my personal paypal account, but I will then take the total each month and make the FEI donation.




8 comments:

  1. Great idea. I'll sure I'll be using and donating. First I need to get rid of the Christmas one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - and opportunity you had to go to Nicuragua. I would LOVE to go on a mission trip. It's on my "bucket list" per se!

    I used one of your free Christmas blog layouts - so I will definitely be checking out the latest and greatest freebies, too! And making the donation. Who could resist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great heart! What a wonderful idea! Some day I'm gonna make it to Nico!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! FEI is a wonderful organization! Chris used to do a bunch of volunteer computer work for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! thank you for offering the free designs, and even more for bringing attention to a very worthy cause--and easy opportunity to give to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Thanks for the free designs and even better donating to a worthy cause! I'll definitely be participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!