Thursday, May 8, 2008

Much awaited.....House Progress

ok, I know it's been awhile since I've posted house progress pictures and info. But to be quite frank....plumbing and electrical just isn't that exciting!! Hopefully these pics will give you a little idea of the feel of the house layout.

The above picture shows the fireplace wall in the family room. There will be built-ins on both sides. The cabinetry for those built-ins will be painted cream. The perspective here is coming from the hallway that leads to the kids bedrooms, mudroom, laundry, and guest bath.

This pic is of the family room from the perspective of the front entry. You can see the 2 sets of french doors which lead out to the covered back porch. To the left you see an opening in the wall which is the pass thru to the kitchen. The kitchen sink will be just on the other side of that. Further back you see the entrance that leads into the kitchen nook. You can see it in this picture, but past the nook is the media/rec room. The fireplace wall pictured above is the wall to the right wich is not in this pic. You can see the

The above pic is taken from the perspective of the corner in the family room between the fireplace wall and french doors. You can see the space where the double door entry will be towards the back of the pic. Just next to that you can see an entrance into a room which is the den/guest room which will have a murphy bed in it. To the right you see the kitchen pass thru again. that little nook going into the hallway will house a built in desk and bench. It will also house the computer the kids will be allowed to go online on .....it's visible from both the family room and the kitchen.

This pic will give you idea of a little bit of my planned color scheme. These are pillows from my master bedroom bedding. and then you can see the large paint samples that show the color of the room. Cream trim with a blue/green paint color.

That's it for now!

8 comments:

  1. It's going to be GORGEOUS! And blue/brown/cream is a soothing, classic color scheme that can be both girly and masculine at the same time! It looks great with the mirror finish that's available on furniture right now too.

    Thanks so much for sharing ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is some house! I LOVE the colors you chose (but you already know my deep and abiding love for blue and brown).

    I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done.

    How wonderful to be involved from the ground up, I will keep following the progress and stealing all of your design ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome...can't wait to see all your decorating ideas I can steal. Love your new polka dot background also by the way...word verficataion: nalqa

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooh, I like!!!! How fun to see it coming along so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the finished product... We built 8 years ago and I really enjoyed it...
    Can't wait to see it all done.

    ~Lanny...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your colour scheme!! This is going to be some house!

    Linda
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the pillows and thought, "Why does Shannon have my bedroom on her blog?" Then I realized my mistake...because I sometimes forget it's not all about me. Ha-ha. And actually, the blueish-green in our room is called "Silver Sage." Whatever that means, as there's nary a bit of sage in it. Oh well...

    Can't wait to see your house progress. From experience I can maintain that there is nothing quite like the entire building process. Oh, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular! I love that color scheme also. I have it in my master bedroom and would love to carry it through the entire house.

    I'll be looking forward to the progress.

    - Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!