Monday, January 14, 2008

Welcome to the neighborhood......we're leaving!

The week of Christmas a new family moved into the neighborhood. With the craziness of the holidays it took me until last week to get over there and welcome them. It was a little weird to go and greet them considering the fact that we are moving. But I baked a batch of cookied and put them in a basket (so as to put my best "Bree VandeKamp impression" forward). My daughter really wanted to carry the basket...so she did! When we got there we met the man of the house, but his wife was a the store getting medicine for the kids because the kids were all sick. So we only got to meet him and still need to meet the rest of the family.

That same day I began my packing adventure. I packed my very first box.....
Candles. I now have about 6 or 7 boxes packed altogether. (not all candles!) I have a looooooooong way to go!!

5 comments:

  1. Aren't you the sweet neighbor! And Emily looks soo cute-

    ReplyDelete
  2. pack up the kitchen, so you don't have to cook- ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing to do, you do inspire me to be more gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily is a pretty girl, shannon. I wish I lived there to get those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice to get a welcome--even if you are leaving! The box of candles cracks me up! That's how I pack too---looking around and trying to decide what I don't need. Usually pictures off my walls go first, then the whole house feels bare.

    I think you should write a book about living in the trailer once you get there. What an adventure that's going to be :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!