Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Thinking of the things I'm thankful for this year was very easy. In the last year we have had many close friends dealing with life threatening sickness in their lives, and we have had a few deaths in the family. This year I am definitely more thankful than I have ever been that I have my health, and that my husband and kids do as well. It's been really hard to watch so many people we love and care about being sick or having to watch their kids be sick. All I can do is rest in the sovereignty of the Lord and pray for miraculous healing. Which I do everyday. I've been reading the book of Luke lately and it is taking me through the life of Jesus. He preformed so many miraculous healings. Some even after the death had occured. So I will continue to pray for healing for my friends because I believe that God is ABLE.

Lord, thank you for my family and thank you that we are all healthy. We are very blessed. I pray for healing for all of our friends currently battling sickness. Please put your healing hand upon them and miraculously heal them here on earth. Your word says that by your stripes we are healed and so I am claiming that today! I recognize that you see things that we cannot see in the bigger picture and so I rest completely in your sovereignty. You are El Roi, The God Who Sees (Prov. 15:3). You are also Jehovah-rapha, The Lord who Heals (Jeremiah 17:14)
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!