Monday, October 15, 2007

High School Reunion

This weekend I went to my 15 year HS reunion. It was fun and we had a pretty good turnout. It was fun to see people and catch up. Of course it is always makes for an interesting evening when you are a completely sober person in the midst of many non-sober people!

Ok so I have to tell you a story from the evening. I'm going to use fake names to protect the innocent!.....

So during the evening I started talking to Suzy Q who was a former classmate. She said that she had 5 kids and showed me some pictures and stuff. She had brought her friend with her who did not graduate with us, but also had kids and could use the night out. We chatted a little more.....fastforward to a little later in the evening....I was out on the dance floor and Suzy Q comes up and is dancing next to me and says "I need to dance this drunkness off! I'm not use to drinking like this!".....fast forward about 10 minutes. So I'm on the dance floor again and I look over and see Suzy Q dancing. But she is not dancing alone. Johnny B, who is also a former classmate of ours is dancing with her. As I watch them dancing I notice that Johnny B is putting his hands on Suzy Q and she is pretty much bumping and grinding with him. So I say to my friend Sandra D, "Um, I know that Suzy Q has 5 kids, but she's married right?" Sandra D says, "Yes, as far as I know." So I say, "Well then why the heck does Johnny B have his hands all over her?!" We continue to watch and they just continue with more of the same and now she is grabbing his hands and putting them on her!!! So I say to my friend. "Ok, Suzy Q just came up to me a few minutes ago and mentioned that she doesn't usually drink. I think she needs some help! I'm having a real issue with what is going on here!" By this time I'm pretty worked up. There's no way I can just sit by and watch someone make a stupid drunk mistake like that. So Nicki and I go over to another gal and say, "Hey you know Johnny B pretty well right?" She says, "Yes." So I say, "Well, Suzy Q is married and she is dancing with Johnny B and he has his hands ALL OVER HER!" And the gal says, "Ya. Suzy Q is married to Johnny B!".....Oh my gosh we all just died laughing!!

8 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I can just imagine the laughter afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How crazy funny!!! I am having fun memories of my 10 year reunion two years ago...and I can SO relate to being the sober person in the midst of all the non-sober ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is so funny! Great story!

    Hey, come on by my blog to pick up your award! You have made me smile and I am excited to be able to include you in my list of people receiving the You Make Me Smile award!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Shannon you were talking about me and my man,except the liquor.We don't have two sets of twins for nothing.You all need to cut it loose!!Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny. Maybe I should have gone to my reunion. Could have made for some funny stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I read this the other day but didn't have time to comment. This is SO funny! Something I would totally see my self doing. Where are the pics????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey people! My pics from the night didn't really turn out as my camera was on the wrong setting and everything was really blury! So, at the reunion we had a classmate who is a photog taking pics and he is suppose to post them and send out an email with a link. I'll post some of those once they are up 8)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!